PTA WEEKLY DIGEST - 3/31/19
INTERNATIONAL NIGHT--THIS FRIDAY, APRIL 5TH, 6:30-8:30PM!
Don't miss this fun and educational night of learning about countries from all over the world!
VOLUNTEERS NEEDED FOR KINDERGARTEN ORIENTATION ON APRIL 11-12
Please help us welcome the incoming class of kindergarteners by helping out during orientation! For details and sign up page, refer to the link below:
JONES LANE KINDERGARTEN ORIENTATION
Thursday April 11th and Friday 12th, 2019
Call to make an appointment: 240-740-4260
*Eligible students must be 5 years of age by September, 1 2019
QO HIGH SCHOOL'S QO YOUTH LACROSSE DAY FOR BOYS AND GIRLS IN 2ND - 8TH GRADE!
Saturday, April 27, 3:30-5:00pm at Quince Orchard High School
Join the QO boys and girls lacrosse teams and coaches for a fun afternoon to learn about lacrosse. This 3rd annual community event will feature skills clinics and demonstrations with QO Lax players, contests and prizes. See attached flyer for registration details.
QOLacrosse_Youth Day Flyer_2019_FINAL.pdf
NEXT PTA MEETING—MAY 7
We hope you can join us for the final meeting of the year at 7:30pm in the All-Purpose Room (cafeteria).
JLES JAGFEST ~ 2019
The Jagfest committee is planning and excited about another fun JLES Community Event! MARK YOUR CALENDARS…Our evening of fun is scheduled for Friday May 31st, from 5-8pm! We will have all the activities, foods and snacks that we know and love, along with a few new things
Introducing NEW this year....Basket Raffle (instead of Silent Auction)
- Raises money for JLES by trying something new and making it inclusive to everyone
- Gives us more time to enjoy Jagfest as we won’t need to keep checking our bids
- Donated themed baskets to raffle at Jagfest as a fundraiser.
- Raffle (instead of Silent Auction). Everyone has a chance to win.
- Individuals can buy as many tickets as they want and drop them in baskets they would like to win.
3. WHO can help?
- Make it fun and put together a basket with your friends, with your group/troop or individually
- TOTALLY voluntary. No one is required to donate a basket, but anyone who donates a basket receives a FREE raffle ticket!
4. HOW can I help?
- Come up with a theme. Lock it in with Sarah Weinstein or Margaret Weiner, so we don't have multiple groups approaching the same businesses.
- Contact businesses/ organizations to have them DONATE goods or services to be the main part of, or the entire basket. Then fill the basket with the stuff.
- Go to SIGN-UP GENIUS for ideas & to lock in your theme: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/60b0b45aaad2aa31-2019
5. QUESTIONS? Contact Margaret Weiner (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Sarah Weinstein (email@example.com)
Want to help make this a FABULOUS event? We will need help with set-up and other activities during Jagfest. Please contact Nicole Boston at firstname.lastname@example.org to let her know how you would like to help.
WAYS TO HELP JONES LANE ELEMENTARY
Amazon.com: go to https://smile.amazon.com, register with "Jones Lane Elementary-Montgomery" and shop through Smile!
“Box Tops for Education”: Collect and send them to school with your child throughout the year to count towards the February and May contests.
Giant: go to https://giantfood.com/school-rewards/, log in, and select school code #00809.
Harris Teeter: go to https://www.harristeeter.com/together-in-education, log in, and select school code #1131. You can also link to JLES at the store register.